- Do you have stained teeth that make you feel self-conscious about smiling? Teeth whitening can be a good solution for certain types of tooth staining.
- Over time teeth can be stained by foods, drinks, smoking and certain medications. Teeth whitening is the most popular and the least invasive of cosmetic dental treatments to brighten and whiten yellowing teeth. Teeth whitening is a safe procedure that can lighten the colour of your teeth by using a safe dental bleaching agent. Individual results vary and are based on your initial tooth colour and the nature of tooth staining.
Teeth Whitening Options:
Professional recommendation for Teeth Whitening
[accor_block title=”Before Whitening”]
- Whitening systems are safe and clinically proven not to cause problem. However, before whitening we would like to recommend having your teeth examined and cleaned for the best results. People with highly sensitive teeth or cavities or gum disease are not good candidates for teeth whitening procedures.
- Most patients get excellent results with a single In Office Whitening or the Customized Take-home Whitening. If you have severely stained teeth or are looking for “dramatic” results, Platinum Ultimate Whitening™ will be your choice.
Most cases will experience some degree of sensitivity. This sensitivity seldom lasts more than 24 hours and patients are advised to avoid extreme cold (ice cream is not a good idea).
- Restored teeth
Because teeth whitening only works on tooth structure, dental crown, tooth colored fillings are not whitened and will remain the same color. There maybe a need to replace these fillings if the color contrast is significant after the teeth whitening process.
- Maintenance Whitening
Whitened teeth will require maintenance because they are exposed to pigments derived from the diet. For this reason, our clinic recommend complimentary maintenance home kit for touch up every 6-12 months depending on your diet. Patients who take coffee, red wine, curries and dark colored foods regularly will require more frequent touch ups.
Whitening Touch up Kit:
- 2 syringes gel for touch up.
- 2 whitening trays (upper and lower) already made or new made.